How to Apply
Read the guidelines about eligibility criteria, the application process and tips on how to submit a strong application
Download the application document and pre-fill your application, you can also film or record your responses and submit them.
If you are recording your responses please email IGSA.TOSI@strongersmarter.com.au for submission instructions.
Submit your application through our online portal
To be eligible for this Initiative you must:
- Identify as an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander woman.
- Studying an undergraduate STEM teaching qualification, or
- Upgrading your existing teaching qualification with an approved STEM course, or
- Studying a Master of Teaching to support your existing STEM qualification.
- Be committed to transforming Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander student educational outcomes.
What Support is Available?
Successful applicants will receive the following support to assist them in gaining a recognised STEM teaching qualification:
- Financial Scholarship support to help with the costs associated with studying
- Mentoring support from Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander teachers and STEM professionals
- Customised professional development programs
- Networking and partnership opportunities
When to apply
Applications for the Teachers of STEM Initiative are now open throughout the year. Apply anytime.
Funded by National Indigenous Australian's Agency