Stronger Smarter Jarjums supports the Early Years Learning approach by:
The proverb goes, “it takes a village to raise a child.” The Stronger Smarter Leadership Program™ (SSLP™) recognises that principals, teachers, support workers, parents and the community are all leaders with a significant role to play in a student’s education, health and wellbeing.
Our flagship Stronger Smarter Leadership Program™ is the first in our pathway of programs that partners with school and community leaders in their pursuit of educational excellence for all students. This is achieved through guiding participants to enact the Stronger Smarter Approach™.
We provide tools and support to enhance participants' leadership capacity, challenge your assumptions and contribute to the critical mass of leaders creating positive changes in education.
The Stronger Smarter Leadership Program™ equips you to challenge mindsets within schools to actively engage the school community and staff to enact High-Expectations Relationships, promote positive identities and excellence in schools.
The Stronger Smarter Leadership Program™ is based on fundamental strategies to support success for all children including:
- Acknowledging, embracing and developing a positive sense of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander identity in schools.
- Acknowledging and embracing Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander leadership in schools and school communities.
- High expectations leadership to ensure high expectations classrooms, with high expectations teacher and student relationships.
- Innovative and dynamic school staffing models
- Innovative and dynamic school models in complex social and cultural contexts
The program is facilitated by Stronger Smarter Institute staff with presentations from school and community leaders. It has been described as intense, stimulating, challenging,full of humour and personal involvement.
- building a sense of Belonging using the Stronger Smarter Approach™ to promote a positive sense of identity for our Jarjums
- building a sense of Being by providing tools and strategies to use with Jarjums to build their resilience and develop their relationships with others, and
- embracing opportunities of Becoming by having authentic conversations to build High-Expectations Relationships with key stakeholders across the Early Years Sector to ensure the transition from Home to School is seamless for Jarjums.
Stronger Smarter Jarjums Brochure
2020 Jarjums Dates
Stronger Smarter Leadership Program
Do you want to build upon your learnings from attending the Stronger Smarter Leadership Program™?
Do you want to deepen your understanding of processes and frameworks to enact the Stronger Smarter Approach™?
Do you want an opportunity to support Stronger Smarter Facilitators in Stronger Smarter Leadership Program delivery?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, the Stronger Smarter Specialists Program might be for you!